How to stream with ShoutcastSource and winamp

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
JoomlaRadio

How to stream with ShoutcastSource and winamp

Post by JoomlaRadio »

Hello Together!

I have searched all the forum, and could not finde a guidline on how to configure Steam cast and send with ShoutcastSource plugin on winamp

Is there anyone who can help me there? - With shoutcast I have 4 conf files and in there there is a login and passwort for each stream to connect.

how is this managed now in steamcast? and how exactly do i have to make it working!

Thanks for any help: Andy
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

you can pretty much follow the oddcast guide I have in the documentation. It is not really that different from using shoutcast. Just make sure that your passwords are all different in the the steamcast configuration. If you have a specific problem that you are stuck on feel free to ask.

For each sourcemount in steamcast you will have seperate passwords.
- Jay
JoomlaRadio

Spezifig

Post by JoomlaRadio »

Thank you for your quick reply Jay

how can i open 4 streams with 4 diffent ports 8000 8002 8004 etc

this would be helpfull to know

Jay

Post by Jay »

the exact same way you do with shoutcast. Just make 4 different configuration files named differently and load them each into 4 different instances of Steamcast.

In the windows gui just drop each configuration file on steamcast.exe

You won't even need to have 4 different copies of the server, just the config file.
- Jay
JoomlaRadio

Post by JoomlaRadio »

ahh - this helps!

and how about the streaming password - there are 2 passwords in the shoutcast, one for streaming and one for admin funktions - I cant find a stremaing password in steamcast.

and I also did not understand the url http://domain.de/mymusik.mp3

is this what is the listen.pls in shoutcast?

or can i use pls optional?.

sorry for asking so much, just i´m a ffraid to make something wrong, and my technique Mann is not reachable at the moment.

thank you so much for helping: andy
Jay

Post by Jay »

in steamcast you will have an admin password and an encoder password as well.

The adminuser and adminpass section is where you want to setup those details.

The encoders password and username are set in the section below the SourceMount name configuration. Called SourceUser and SourcePass.

Please make sure that these are uniquely different from each other as steamcast takes security a bit more seriously and will default to the lowest permission state of they are the same.

To tune into your stream simple go to the admin panel located at your server's address and click the tune in button. Steamcast can do auto generation of listen.pls and listen.m3u just as SHOUTcast does.
- Jay
JoomlaRadio

Post by JoomlaRadio »

Slowly it is sinking into me - thank you so much for your help

Wow - and it seems as if i can make more than one Sourcemout

what does thios exactly mean?

does this mean, that on the same port, there can be more than one source sending with diffrent input the same time?

sorry, but somehow i dont know what it exactly makes. For example there is one of my moderators at one sourcemount streaming. is the other moderator able to go parallel with his source to send on sourcemount 2

Which one is the prior sourcemount?

thank you: andy
Jay

Post by Jay »

Yes you can have as many feeds running on the same server as you want. They will each be tunable by their sourcemount name

so say you have SourceMount=/live.mp3

and then another one

SourceMount=/myradio.mp3

then users going to the server will be able to choose which feed to tune into by the source mount

http://localhost:8000/live.mp3 is one feed
and the other is
http://localhost:8000/myradio.mp3 in their player.

SHOUTcast has no yp privilege to third parties for mounts so only one of your mounts can list there unless you have more then one IP to play with. The documentation link the left explains exactly how to setup multiple source mounts. Just choose the Steamcast option when you get there.
- Jay
JoomlaRadio

Post by JoomlaRadio »

Thank you very much!

Your explanations and my studing of all the written stuff have now cleared the thing for me.
I´m very impressed about this great steamcast - Wonder why i havet found it much earlier. As far as i can see, it matches my needs much more than shoutcast. So well

Now Testing is starting . Thank you for your friendly help

My english is not the best, so your simple explanations have helped me a great deal!

Tahnks: Andy
JoomlaRadio

Thanks a lot

Post by JoomlaRadio »

with your great help, I was able to set it all up very nice.

I allrrady had some test and it works very good -

Thank you very much for all help and this great Server Software!!

Andy
Music and News around the clock http://joomla-radio.de