Looking for help with starting an embeddable stream

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
apollojh

Looking for help with starting an embeddable stream

Post by apollojh »

I\'m attempting to begin a radio stream and am looking for some advice on what may be a unique approach.

What I\'m going for is an embeddable player that will connect with a stream. Something I can lay out the code for, have end users put the code wherever they want (web pages, etc) and have it stream from a source I provide.

I\'ve looked at some of the higher rated hosting websites and I anticipate having to create a player from scratch to be capable of this.

What I\'m looking for here on this forum is an idea of where to start. Has anyone attempted this before or know of a way to accomplish this task? I skimmed through some of the posts and didn\'t see anything that seemed to be of this topic, so forgive me if I\'m asking a frequently-asked question.

Thank you for any advice.
stream staff
Stream Host

Post by stream staff »

This might help.
http://www.streamsolutions.co.uk/embedded/

also look for the ampx player as you might find that usefull.
apollojh

Post by apollojh »

Thank you, this helps quite a bit.
SdZ
Stream Host

Post by SdZ »

Heres a great Flash based player that seems to support streams, ive got it working with icecast. It even supports myspace.

http://www.internet-radio.org.uk/tools/flashplayer/
Deltamusic

Re: Looking for help with starting an embeddable stream

Post by Deltamusic »

apollojh wrote:I\'m attempting to begin a radio stream and am looking for some advice on what may be a unique approach.

What I\'m going for is an embeddable player that will connect with a stream. Something I can lay out the code for, have end users put the code wherever they want (web pages, etc) and have it stream from a source I provide.

I\'ve looked at some of the higher rated hosting websites and I anticipate having to create a player from scratch to be capable of this.

What I\'m looking for here on this forum is an idea of where to start. Has anyone attempted this before or know of a way to accomplish this task? I skimmed through some of the posts and didn\'t see anything that seemed to be of this topic, so forgive me if I\'m asking a frequently-asked question.

Thank you for any advice.
I may have what your looking for. I found som code for a basic player that seems to work for me. Listner has the option of choosing my hi or low speed stream. Have a open slot for an on demand of say a podcast. The reason I like this one is because I am able to add the player to sites that don't allow <scripts></scripts> I now am able to stream in Myspace, etc
Check my page at www.deltamusic.afraid.org and let me know if this is what your looking for. If so I will be happy to supply the code.
"Its's not a Bug... It's A Feature!!"