steamcast and shoutcast source plugin

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
AlexJ

steamcast and shoutcast source plugin

Post by AlexJ »

Hello!
I have a shoutcast radio server online.the djs that connect to this server use the shoutcast plugin. I recently found out about steamcast and it looks better then shoutast and thinking about migrating to it...the problem is that the server doesn't display the title of the current song..
any ideeas why?
Thanks!
Lane

Post by Lane »

I know for a fact that function will work. I've used it many times. Is there something unusual about how you send titles? May I suggest you post your steamcast config file, but blank out the passwords. And you may wish to also post the url for the steamcast stream.

And just to throw a curve ball out there. I much prefer using the opddcast dsp, http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv3/. I must prefer it to the shoutcast dsp. If you wish to also send aac+, the oddcast dsp can use the .dll's for aac that come with the shoutcast dsp.
AlexJ

Post by AlexJ »

hmm...i found out that i needed to have the 'enable title updates' turned on...on shoutcast that wasn't necesary...thanks...
and now i am taking a look at oddsock so tanks for that too.
Lane

Post by Lane »

glad you're sorted out.

steamcast and shoutcast aren't the same of course. you may find other config differences. steamcast also includes functions similar to icecast, and can *kind of* be thought of as a blend of them. but to be fair, that kind of under states what steamcast really is.
MatMac

TX

Post by MatMac »

Tx
Mat