Special characters

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
eislive

Special characters

Post by eislive »

We are a german webradio and - naturely - we play a lot of german song. Our problem is: the special characters will allways be displayed wrong.
Is there a way to fix this without rename all our files.

website for radiostart: http://www.eislive.at/livestream.htm

if you would like to see how it looks like.

Thanks - DJ Henry, Webmaster
E.I.S. - LIVE Radio & Party-TV - http://www.eislive.at
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Radiotoolbox uses a similar encoding as shoutcast so this isn't something we can fix.
- Jay
DaveTrouser

Re:

Post by DaveTrouser »

Jay wrote:Radiotoolbox uses a similar encoding as shoutcast so this isn't something we can fix.
Shame, as special characters cause RTB to die on my server. Is there a way to make it ignore them, rather just quit?
Jay

Re: Special characters

Post by Jay »

Can you post a url to your stream? I am currently testing unicode support in the new Radio Toolbox application.
- Jay
DaveTrouser

Post by DaveTrouser »

Jay wrote:Can you post a url to your stream? I am currently testing unicode support in the new Radio Toolbox application.
It's not 24/7 (yet), but you might catch something on between 9pm and 4am GMT.

http://stream.bucketofbad.co.uk:1666/

It's been dying even without special characters too, but less often in that case.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Ah yea, Steamcast and Icecast support in Radio Toolbox is pretty flaky with 1.1.1. They were kind of wedged in there after the product had been developed just for SHOUTcast. Another reason why I am working on a total rewrite.

Your stream has been down both times I have checked the server so far.
- Jay
DaveTrouser

Post by DaveTrouser »

Jay wrote:Ah yea, Steamcast and Icecast support in Radio Toolbox is pretty flaky with 1.1.1. They were kind of wedged in there after the product had been developed just for SHOUTcast. Another reason why I am working on a total rewrite.

Your stream has been down both times I have checked the server so far.
Actually, by accident, I found that it doesn't crash if it's not minimised! It's showing special characters as I type.

Not surprised you missed broadcasts - the station is still in its infancy and doesn't have an auto DJ yet.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Strange. Well I caught the end of your show and didn't see any special characters, your server is in my list now at least so I can catch it later.
- Jay