What U need to Broadcast Mutile Speeds???

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
hot977

What U need to Broadcast Mutile Speeds???

Post by hot977 »

Hey guys, I remeber a while back there was a way to broadcast multiple streams ie one at 128, another at 56K, and last at 24K.. without using extra upload bandwidth... Please advise.. Thanks
stream staff
Stream Host

Post by stream staff »

if you have someone connected to your stream regardless of what bitrate it is.

it will still take upload bandwidth,

there is no known way of doing this.
nonstopvibe

Re: What U need to Broadcast Mutile Speeds???

Post by nonstopvibe »

That would be WMS / Windows Media Services, when I held an account with streamsolutions I used to send up one WMA stream encoded in multiple bitrates. 80k/48k/16k as far as I know you cant send up a single multi-bitrate stream vis Shoutcast sadly, you have to stream each service or ... send you 128k up and use a cheap transcoding host to down sample, although I'm not sure if you lose extra quality thru transcoding :)

Currently I send out, 128k mp3 Stereo for both non-stop:VIBE & non-stop:GOLD and then for both again I send out a 28k AAC+ Stereo stream which seems to find favour with :

iPhone uses (CentovaCast proves this)

Users in countries with tighter bandwidth restrictions & lower internet use, i.e Slovenia, Romania etc ...

We're mainly music led on both services so that may explain why we get a high percentage of 28k users in foreign countries, they dont have to understand what we are saying ! And iPhone listeners, bring it on, I'm loving the idea that we're listed there. I think its wise friends not to write off your low bandwidth customers. Every little helps & how much does it really cost to send low bandwidth ? $5 a month ?
satishbhawra42

Re: What U need to Broadcast Mutile Speeds???

Post by satishbhawra42 »

f you have someone connected to your stream regardless of what bitrate it is.

it will still take upload bandwidth,