Radio Toolbox v2 RC 5

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Radio Toolbox v2 RC 5

Post by Jay »

Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce the release of Radio Toolbox v2 Release Candidate 5. This is a maintenance release.

This is a mostly featured locked version.

Please make sure to UNINSTALL ANY PRIOR VERSION of Radio Toolbox v2 before installing this new version.

This version is not yet production ready but is considered to be mostly stable, so feel free to start trying it out as a replacement for v1 if you feel adventurous. Online integration with existing legacy systems is mostly complete.

This is a final Release candidate. If all goes well with this one we release it to the general public.

You will need a radio toolbox account in order to use this release. The application will walk you through this process on your first use.

*old link removed*

Fixes in this release:
Now tested in Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8
Lots and lots of UI Tweaks
Better locking and thread handling (in hopes to avoid the red x of death in the lower part of the screen
Graph scaling improved
Listener Tab View login screen improved
Filtered logging
Trial mode added to welcome screen
Listener Column locking is now optional
many many improvements to reliability

Have fun.
- Jay
SpazzRadio

Re: Radio Toolbox v2 RC 3

Post by SpazzRadio »

won't let me log in ...

"The type initializer for 'RadioToolbox.Logger' threw an exception."
Spazz Radio Network : Absolute Rockz, Absolute Spazz, Always HOT Country, Absolute Hitz, and NoPayRadio
SpazzRadio

Post by SpazzRadio »

nvm, restarted it and it worked
Spazz Radio Network : Absolute Rockz, Absolute Spazz, Always HOT Country, Absolute Hitz, and NoPayRadio
skoen

Post by skoen »

Finally! Love the new version, and the fact that you can group servers for each station that has multiple streams :)
Nifty that some of the stations I've added to my software show a logo instead of the regular toolbox icon.

One thing I noticed is that it alternates which server to pull track information from when you have multiple streams in a group. Is it possible to have it only pull track information from the first listed stream in that group?
Radio Toolbox user since 2005.
Jay

Post by Jay »

The way Radio Toolbox pulls track information is based on the first track change detected that isn't in recent history. We can certainly add an option to make it so it pulls from a specific server. Will put it on the feature request list for the next version. The big thing that needs to be tested in this version is the account integration. Radio Toolbox is completely tied to your account here at Radio Toolbox. You should note that it in Tools -> Options under the general tab it has an "Activation Status" which gives you details about your account.

Once we finish working on integration with Online Logging this will be a crucial area to help us identify issues. It should just say "Activated".
- Jay
skoen

Post by skoen »

Got an error message from Microsoft .NET Framework while playing a server. The player continued playing, but I got a box with a big X in it.
*image removed*
Before that I had the software running for more than 24 hours, so I could be an error related to something else, as the error didn't affect the player.

And about the account integration: in my toolbox it reads Activated on the Options screen :)
Jay

Post by Jay »

Excellent.

Yes I have noted this new red X issue and will be releasing a patch for it as soon as I track it down.

Do you happen to have any exceptions in your log?

You can find the full log in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\RadioToolbox
- Jay
skoen

Post by skoen »

Looked at the log and could not find any exception error related to that time I got the red X, but I recieved a box with exception handling related to .net Framework, but I didn't manage to print screen that error message.
putertim

Post by putertim »

radiotoolbox is shutting down due to unmet licensing requirements for more info contact support at www.radiotoolbox.com.
I am getting this message now what is this about?
TAD
Jay

Re: Radio Toolbox v2 RC 4

Post by Jay »

Please download from the link above to resolve the issue of radio toolbox shutting down.
- Jay
SpazzRadio

Post by SpazzRadio »

Had to reboot my computer. when I restarted Radiotoolbox it will not let me login again. says "No Such Host Is Known"

Do I have to relogin everytime I start it? I would like an option to "remember me" so That I can put it in my start folder and have it relaunch anytime anyone reboots my computer.
Jay

Post by Jay »

SpazzRadio wrote:Had to reboot my computer. when I restarted Radiotoolbox it will not let me login again. says "No Such Host Is Known"

Do I have to relogin everytime I start it? I would like an option to "remember me" so That I can put it in my start folder and have it relaunch anytime anyone reboots my computer.
Did you download the latest version? You should be using RC4 now.

You shouldn't have to login each time, once you are logged in once it should remember those credentials and reuse them.
- Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

Online Log reports are now viewable for Radio Toolbox v2. No graphs though since I am not sure if they are really relevant.

To see these details go to http://log.radiotoolbox.com/ and select the "Show me my new Radio Toolbox account!"
- Jay
putertim

Post by putertim »

I went to http://log.radiotoolbox.com and selected show me my new radiotoolbox account and I don't see any stats . it also doesn't show any server info. in radiotoolbox it does show my account is activated.
TAD
Jay

Post by Jay »

Try now. Apparently I forgot to set this so you guys could see it.
- Jay