re: source dropped connection. disconnecting

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
fugitiveradio

re: source dropped connection. disconnecting

Post by fugitiveradio »

We to owning a server and well, are 1/2 clueless. We are up and running and streaming but have had several problems. First all the dj's had a nak error (we managed to fix that problem).

Now, every few minutes we get this:

11/11/05@17:27:07> [source] source dropped connection. disconnecting.
<11/11/05@17:27:13> [source] connected from 70.37.72.95
<11/11/05@17:27:13> [source] icy-name:Mischief with marycat ; icy-genre:Various
<11/11/05@17:27:13> [source] icy-pub:0 ; icy-br:32 ; icy-url:http://www.shoutcast.com
<11/11/05@17:27:13> [source] icy-irc:#The^Hideaway ; icy-icq:NA ; icy-aim:NA

We have 8 dj's and this happens for each one of them. We have no clue how to fix it. Our current server is Shoutcast (and i am not happy with the help channels at all).

Do you have suggestions for a server that may be "more user friendly" or offer help.

Thanks for your time!!

mysti
FugitiveRadio
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

take your pick, there are tons to choose from. Windows Media would probably be the most user friendly as far as the server goes. We have steamcast which is setup similar to shoutcast but has more features. There is also icecast. It really is up to your preference and which one you think you can get the most listeners to.

However you really should learn about networking and TCP/IP so that you can troubleshoot any connetivity problems. All servers need solid networks and thoughtful setups. Just take it one step at a time. As far as your current proble I would need to know more about your setup. Something is causing your source to disconnect from the server.
- Jay
fugitiveradio

re: yes, please help..lol

Post by fugitiveradio »

Tell me what details you need and i can post them.

I will look into your server suggestions. Thank you!

mysti