Just installed - Need some info re steamcast/install

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
eloaded

Just installed - Need some info re steamcast/install

Post by eloaded »

I seemed to have followed the guide and I think its all working as expected. My link is http://eloaded.dyndns.org:8000/live.mp3 if you want to test it. My Questions are
1) On the admin page I have been getting one regular listner user agent is getright/5.2d does anyone know what that means? Also the bit rate is 131kbps but I have set it to be 32kbps anyone know what is happening here?
2) On the admin page what tune ins and 5 min tune ins ?
3) Is there anyway for a listner to see the songs that have been played or will be played like you can with the DNAS server

Thats all for now....but really I have so many questions

Thanks in advance

Eloaded
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

1. someone is connected to your stream using a download manager called get right. Google Get Right to find more info on that particular client. I am not fully aware of all the different clients that can connect to steamcast but they are many.
2. If you can tune in I wouldn't worry too heavily about what it says the transfer rate is. Seems there might be a bug or two in the calculating process on low bitrate streams. This is likely do the structure of the cache inside the server. No need to concern yourself with it anyhow.
3. http://eloaded.dyndns.org:8000/played.html?nid=0
- Jay
eloaded

Post by eloaded »

Thanks for your quick response
Oh well I thought someone was listening but they are downloading the music at least someone is interested.
Just a few more
1) What do the tune and the tune ins mean?
2) Can you have on demand listening like with shoutcast where you put files into the contents folder and people can just listen to one particular mp3 instead of the stream.
3) Do you know how to embedd a player into a web page....how to embedd a java player for example into a web page a point it to the stream?

Thanks again

Eloaded
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

1. Tune ins are how many times someone has listened to your stream.
2. Not yet, but it is planned.
3. Just use an embed or object tag, check google for embedded windows media player. Many resources are available on how to embed an object. The only java player I know of is freedomaudio.
- Jay
eloaded

Post by eloaded »

THanks Jay Ill see what I can find.
This steamcast and the whole streaming radio thing is great. Last night I was up to about 3am playing around with it. I do find winamp a little limiting though

Thanks