401 Service unavailable

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
mrparanormal

401 Service unavailable

Post by mrparanormal »

I'm hosting shoutcast on my home pc a windows xp and the server shows to be working and the dps in winamp shows to be working and I'm coming up listed on the shoutcast yp but yet I get this 401 service unavailable, and even when I'm listed in shoutcast yp I still can't link to my stream nor my playlist. Can some one tell me why my stream is showing no source?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

Post the contents of your log window.
- Jay
mrparanormal

Fixed

Post by mrparanormal »

Thanks Jay I finally found out my mistake was I was trying to link to the ip that showed in my dps, as soon as I got my ip from whatsmyip it worked. Now I'm trying to find a way to have people call in pc to pc any suggestions?
Jay

Post by Jay »

skype works fairly well for this. You can also use team speak for larger groups.
- Jay
mrparanormal

Broadcast

Post by mrparanormal »

Thanks Jay, will me and my guest be heard by listeners to my show?or just the folks in the confrence?
Jay

Post by Jay »

You will probably need two audio cards if you want to be heard in the conference as well.
- Jay
mrparanormal

Google talk

Post by mrparanormal »

Thanks Jay while I was waiting for your reply I tried several things the one thing that has worked best so far is google talk I installed it had some trouble at first with winamp causeing google talk to freeze but found my answer to that at the google talk support forums, so I had a friend install it and I did a test interview with me and her useing a freeware mp3 recorder I found online to record for archives me on my pc her on hers and my wife as a listen er at her pc we conducted a interview and everything worked real well with one exception when playing the archive version back my friend (Guest) was hard to hear but you could hear her and my listener (wife ) she was hard to hear also. So I'm trying to see how to get the sound up for the guest. but if anyone else ask you google talk will work for radio interviews once you get the bugs out.
Jay

Post by Jay »

are you sure that wasn't due to the the pickup off the mic from your loud speakers? Do the interview with headphones and see what kind of results you get.
- Jay
mrparanormal

Headphones

Post by mrparanormal »

Well I was useing the microphone on my headphonset but listening through the speakers instead of wearing to headphones so you may be right let me plugin my headphones altoger and wear them and see how that works. Gosh I never though it might be something simple like that Thanks.