Shoutcast server is working but still won't play on my site

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
mrparanormal

Shoutcast server is working but still won't play on my site

Post by mrparanormal »

I have shoutcast installed on windows xp, and I have the server running now and I checked with your port check tool and it shows port open and server running but it don't play on my site nor show up on shoutcast seasrch results although the server itself says yp shoutcast added me sucessfully I go to thier page search me my genre and its not there.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: Shoutcast server is working but still won't play on my site

Post by Jay »

In order to show up on AOL's SHOUTcast site you need to leave the server up for at least an hour.
- Jay
mrparanormal

Post by mrparanormal »

Thanks Jay I found out after the post, but thats the way it seems to always work lol, but then it would not play there after it showed there, I found out that was my firewall setting. I'm still working on useing skype to broadcast my show, I even intalled sound blaster 5.1 to get the what you hear feature I can be heard but not my guest any ideas?
Jay

Post by Jay »

That is because you need a secondary audio card to broadcast both you and your guests. The issue is that you can only have one recording device selected at any given time. The What U Hear feature will be utilized for both skype and your broadcasting software. Thereby potentially causing feedback when your guests try to speak.
- Jay
mrparanormal

Post by mrparanormal »

I did install a secondary card Sound Blaster 5.1 and external soundcard plugged in to my usb port
Jay

Post by Jay »

ok so you need to setup a patch cable from the output of the secondary card which will be assigned to skype. Then set your broadcast software to record from the input that the patch cable is plugged into on your primary card. Your mic output needs to be turned up on the secondary card as well.
- Jay
mrparanormal

Post by mrparanormal »

Ok I tried that and still the same scenario I can be heard at one setting my guest the other. I know I must be messing up just can't put my finger on how. I know there are surely others using skype with shoutcast to broadcast talk radio live. Could it be I use the wrong xp version? I even tried putting the server on my windows vista and winamp dj on my xp the server ran fine and radio toolbox read it but the dj couldn't read the stream I suspect that to be due to networking but I'm just guessing. I am thankful for all help.