Radio Toolbox v2 Alpha 2

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Radio Toolbox v2 Alpha 2

Post by Jay »

Yes, tis here and don't say I didn't warn you. This does not replace the regular Radio Toolbox v1, some notification stuff is still not working but much of the UI is complete. I am looking for feedback on this one.

Installer no longer will give you the right .NET version so please make sure you get the .NET framework version 4.0. The installer should warn you of this.

This is not a stable release so for testing purposes ONLY. I can't stress that enough.

Some things to note in this version.

Logging: now added
Graphing: now added although somewhat limited in comparison to v1
Station Server status HeatMap: added and gives a quick view of the situation for people with multiple stations
Listener Trend color codes: added
Status bar gives indication of what is going on in the background
Sorting indicator added.
Notifications added although not all of them work, still lots of coding to do there.
Webserver is still buggy as hell. Don't use it.
LastFM API added, now Radio Toolbox will know even more about the music you play. (more on that soon)
Details panel reorganized and has a new feature ;)
Generous amounts of bugs fixed although some bugs cropped up during reorganization of profile data (please keep an eye on unexpected crashes)
About Window is cleaner and will eventually provide update information
Radio ToolboxAPI added so go ahead and add your forum username and password in. We can start breaking my backend while we are at it. ;)
Pie chart listener distribution added (View->Details ->History tab on any station tab)
Updated to latest Ultravox stats location.
Better Favicon handling

TODO:
Copy and Paste still needs more work per GDRadio
Graphing is still kind of lame but better and at least there.
SHOUTcast v2 stats support.
Context menu is acting weird.
Bug fixes still are definitely on the way.

The good news is I feel I am over the largest hurdles with this one. I will be soon very proud to call this one Radio Toolbox.

Thanks guys.

P.S. This has NOT been tested side by side with v1 so be careful during the install. It shouldn't trample the old installation but I don't really know and feedback would be welcome. Please remove any prior version of 2.0 before installing.

http://www.radiotoolbox.com/downloads/r ... lpha-2.exe
- Jay
Jay

Re: Radio Toolbox v2 Alpha 2

Post by Jay »

If you are having any issues with the heatmap not updating properly then please redownload and reinstall. Not worth doing a new build version over but it is now fixed.
- Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

One more thing, if you run across any crashes or unexpected behavior, your log will come in real handy. You can find this in C:\Users\{yourusername}\AppData\Local\RadioToolbox\log.txt

This will help me enormously in the event of any sort of crash.
- Jay
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

here we goooooo
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

well shit. installed (no error there!)

went to run it for the 1st time:

log says:

6:19:50 AM Tuesday, April 03, 2012
:RadioToolbox.mainWnd.openFile
:ERROR
:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\RadioToolbox\RadioToolbox.rtbx'.
: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
at RadioToolbox.Storage.Open()
at RadioToolbox.mainWnd.openFile(String filePath)
-------------------------------
6:19:50 AM Tuesday, April 03, 2012
:RadioToolbox.mainWnd.UnhandledException
:System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
at HttpServer.HttpListener.Start(Int32 backLog)
at RadioToolbox.Webserver.Start(Int32 port)
at RadioToolbox.mainWnd..ctor(String[] args)
at RadioToolbox.Program.Main(String[] args)
6:19:55 AM Tuesday, April 03, 2012
:RadioToolbox.RadioToolboxAPI.update
:INFO
:Success
:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
<code>401</code>
<msg>Authentication Required</msg>
</response>
Jay

Post by Jay »

Do you have RTB v1 running or anything running on port 4000?

Redownload and reinstall. I added a patch to allow it to safely ignore this exception.
- Jay
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

ok

I re-installed and added my servers.

How can I bring up the graph?
DirtySkeMe

Post by DirtySkeMe »

i get a bunch of error

3:12:55 PM Tuesday, April 03, 2012
:System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS0002: Unable to load message string from resources.

: at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, XmlAttributeOverrides overrides, Type[] extraTypes, XmlRootAttribute root, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
at RadioToolbox.RadioToolboxAPI.update(Object threadContext)
DirtySkeMe
Syndicated Hip Hop RaDiO
(Syndicate Live Hip Hop ShoW Worldwide.)
Jay

Post by Jay »

DirtySkeMe wrote:i get a bunch of error

3:12:55 PM Tuesday, April 03, 2012
:System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).

: at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, XmlAttributeOverrides overrides, Type[] extraTypes, XmlRootAttribute root, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
at RadioToolbox.RadioToolboxAPI.update(Object threadContext)
1. This is due to lack of permission for NTAUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account on the TEMP folder. To resolve this issue, assign NETWORK SERVICE the following permissions on C:\Windows\Temp;

List Folder / Read Data
Delete

2. Try to apply this hotfix.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948233

Also make sure you are running .NET version 4.0
gdradio wrote:ok

The graph is very simple but you go to View -> Details then choose the History tab. It's not anywhere near where RTB v1 is... yet. BTW dig around there is a lot more to this app than the old rtb ;)
- Jay
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

Jay wrote:
gdradio wrote:ok

The graph is very simple but you go to View -> Details then choose the History tab. It's not anywhere near where RTB v1 is... yet. BTW dig around there is a lot more to this app than the old rtb ;)
ah yes, I saw that. So the graph of the old RTB has been replaced with a pie chart? Jay, I'm not sure how effective that is for monitoring trends as far as how many tuned in during X song...
DirtySkeMe

Post by DirtySkeMe »

how do i do this?
Jay wrote: 1. This is due to lack of permission for NTAUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account on the TEMP folder. To resolve this issue, assign NETWORK SERVICE the following permissions on C:\Windows\Temp;

List Folder / Read Data
Delete
DirtySkeMe
Syndicated Hip Hop RaDiO
(Syndicate Live Hip Hop ShoW Worldwide.)
Jay

Post by Jay »

Actually it's not the pie chart, it's on the station tab. So switch to the stations tab and you will see the trend over the last hour.
- Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

Also, something to note: The new Radio Toolbox is Station oriented rather than Server oriented. So there is a lot more statistical and trending information available from the overall station tab since the individual server doesn't really give a whole picture of your stats. That is a huge change from the way things were with RTB and I imagine a bit of a shock to some. However I can attest that this is a lot better way to view station stats.
- Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

DirtySkeMe wrote:how do i do this?
Jay wrote: 1. This is due to lack of permission for NTAUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account on the TEMP folder. To resolve this issue, assign NETWORK SERVICE the following permissions on C:\Windows\Temp;

List Folder / Read Data
Delete
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308419
- Jay
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

Jay wrote:Actually it's not the pie chart, it's on the station tab. So switch to the stations tab and you will see the trend over the last hour.

AHHHHHHHHHHH I see it now...

ok. I love that you are working on this Jay. I really appreciate RTB and you.

However...

the graph of the rtb1.1 is better, in my opinion. the vertical line that let you know what was being played and also the fact that the graph was detached from the program was a great thing.