RTB2 and CLoudflare

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
coloradofree

RTB2 and CLoudflare

Post by coloradofree »

Howdy Jay, I had a question about Cloudflare and RTB2, I got RTB2 set up on one of my stations and after some configuring I went to my website back end to check on the catcher and include files. I'm not getting anything on the site side but the log in RTB2 is stating that a posting is successful. I have includes set at 777 and all the other files are at 644. I am using cloudflare on my site as I recently got hit with a spamming hack. I thought maybe CF was interfering with communication to my site but wasn't sure so I set up a rule for that area to shut security off. Still nothing. My user and password are set, my url is right. I did notice that on occasion the log states a 401 error from the remote server. RTB is monitoring my server and resides on the server. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

BTW RTB2 looks great and I love the new changes!
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: RTB2 and CLoudflare

Post by Jay »

Something you might consider trying is ruling out that RTB is the problem and not cloudflare. Try pointing rtb2 to your real address. I believe in cloudflare you can use http://direct.<your domain>/path/to/catcher.php

the direct subdomain is only available if you have enabled it, but this will allow the application to bypass cloudflare which is what you really should do since RTBv2 doesn't receive any benefit by going through cloudflare.
- Jay