Listener Count # Discrepancy Between RTM & Shoutcast.com

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
RadioRookie

Listener Count # Discrepancy Between RTM & Shoutcast.com

Post by RadioRookie »

Is there a lag between the listener count #s that RTM displays versus what is on shoutcast.com. I am noticing as much as an 80 listener count difference at times between the numbers that RTM reports and that Shoutcast.com report. When I visit the DNAs stream URL directly, it most closely aligns with what is reported on Shoutcast.com

I have to note that with all the streams that I do check, the inaccuracy isn't as rampant. Some of the streams show a 2-5 listener count differential. However, so do go as high as 80 listener count difference. Is there a way to manage the refresh on RTM or analyze why it is polling in accurate data at times.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: Listener Count # Discrepancy Between RTM & Shoutcast.com

Post by Jay »

Radio Toolbox will actually be far more accurate than SHOUTcast.com since SHOUTcast.com actually trails stats. Check your server list for the station and make sure that all of your servers are recognized and identified correctly. So long as they are and they report listeners counts then it should be far more accurate than shoutcast.com's yp.
- Jay
RadioRookie

Re: Listener Count # Discrepancy Between RTM & Shoutcast.com

Post by RadioRookie »

Jay wrote:Radio Toolbox will actually be far more accurate than SHOUTcast.com since SHOUTcast.com actually trails stats. Check your server list for the station and make sure that all of your servers are recognized and identified correctly. So long as they are and they report listeners counts then it should be far more accurate than shoutcast.com's yp.

Ok, will do.