Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
JewishRRadio1

Post by JewishRRadio1 »

Hi,

I setup our RadioToolbox software and entered in our Live365 stream info. In the "Air Check" tab I see the data coming through on the left and right status bars. I set the trigger got 1 second, at -6. When I shut down my radio stream I see the stream go from a green "Good", to a red "Silence" in the Air Check tab. This appears to be working, so I decided to set up my notifications. I went into the "options" window and selected the "Check Interval" to be 1. Under Notifications, I selected my stream and under conditions I chose "Server Status Change", "Station Status Change", and "Audio Check Result Change". Under Notification type, I selected "mail", and then setup the SMTP info with one of my email accounts (not sure if this is correct). And then set the email address I want to send to. I chose a "message Template" and clicked "apply". I then took my stream down again and waited 5 minutes and I did not receive any notification. I tried restarting the software etc and taking the station down multiple times to test, but I cannot get any notifications to be sent out. Can anyone help me with this and what I need to do to get notified when my stream goes down?

Thanks so much,
Sandy
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

You need to make sure that your SMTP settings are vaiid and usually the best way to do this is to have them point to the SMTP server that your email account uses. Also check the log to see if any errors occur when the message should fire.

One final note, it isn't necessary to set your check interval to 1 second, as Air Check runs constantly.
- Jay
JewishRRadio1

Post by JewishRRadio1 »

Hi, thank you for responding!

I made sure the SMTP info was an exact copy of what we currently use in our Mail App. I also did check the log and I do not see anything concerning the notification unfortunately.
JewishRRadio1

Post by JewishRRadio1 »

Hi,

I just restarted the computer and started RadioTool Box up again, and now in my log I am getting this error when I shut the stream down:

Exception caught in SendMail(): Thread was being aborted
System. Threading. ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted

I tried with SSL, and without. I made sure to check that the password was correct etc. Do I need to have an email client setup to make this work on that computer? Or should it send out from RadioToolbox? Thanks for any help, I am new to this so I really appreciate it.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Can you send me to full log to the email support at radiotoolbox.com.

I will take a look.

I have also been trying to think of ways to make this setup less painful. Do you use a free mail provider (ie, gmail, hotmail, yahoo etc) or your own mail server?
- Jay
JewishRRadio1

Post by JewishRRadio1 »

Hi,

Now I am no longer getting that error in the log anymore - it shows silence in the log though - I have included a screen shot of the log so you can see it. I will send that to the support email also. I really appreciate your help on this.

It looks like RadioTool Box had a new build so I installed that on a different PC and set everything up on another computer. I tried shutting my stream down and again got the same log as I have attached below. But no emails were sent out. We are using our own mail server. Should we be using a free one?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 11.39.39 AM.png
JewishRRadio1

Post by JewishRRadio1 »

Hi,

Did you ever get a chance to look into the screen shot of the log I sent you?

Thanks
Sandy
Jay

Post by Jay »

Replied to your email, any chance you can get us the raw log file?
- Jay