Script Timeout / Copyright Problem

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
DjDrakk

Script Timeout / Copyright Problem

Post by DjDrakk »

i'm running my webserver and my shoutcast station off my own computer. When i configure RTB to output to the default "catcher.php" when it's located in "/rtb/catcher.php" on my website, it says script timeout. When i put "catcher.php" in /cgi-bin/ it gives me an error saying there is a copyright problem in the script and it shuts down RTB immediately. You then have to remove the link from the .ini file to get RTB to start up again. Any suggestions as to how i get it to output to "catcher.php" without any problems? I DO have PHP on my server, i just installed it and it still doesn't work.
DjDrakk

Post by DjDrakk »

Okay never mind, problem solved 8)
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

I love problems that solve themselves, makes the world a happy place ;)
- Jay
DjDrakk

Post by DjDrakk »

How about new problems that crawl out from behind the rock when the other problems are gone? It now says my script is updated, but all it's done is rearranged the text in the config.php and catcher.php files. There's been nothing added to the includes.php file. I'm using the PHPtriad setup, it's parsing the PHP properly, just not writing to includes.php . . . any suggestions for this one?
Jay

Post by Jay »

hmm I can't see how it would rearrange the text in the config.php file?

What happens if you go to the catcher url in your browser?
- Jay
DjDrakk

Post by DjDrakk »

Copyright RadioToolBox.com another great application from Jay Krivanek

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpinclude() in c:\apache\htdocs\rtb\catcher.php on line 1

And what I mean by rearranging the text, is it makes it into 3 or 4 long lines instead of being neatly organized from top to bottom like it is when it's originaly unzipped
Jay

Post by Jay »

hmmm what OS is the catcher script run on? But whatever is causing the file to become binary is what is causing PHP to not read the file

You aren't using the FTP Service are you?
- Jay
DjDrakk

Post by DjDrakk »

I'm using Win95SE, Apache, and I'm not using the FTP service. I copied new copies of the PHP scripts from the zip file and now it's copying blank variables to the includes.php file, and returning a bad password error to RTB. It's leaving the catcher.php intact, but still stretching out the include.php

This is getting really confusing. I hope it's worth it in the end :?
DjDrakk

Post by DjDrakk »

And yes I did edit the config.php file with the right user and password
Jay

Post by Jay »

hmm windows95 wow, haven't tested it there yet.

Does it give you any parse errors or fatal errors when you go to it in your browser?

is $mode set to flat_file?

I am currently rewriting this entire script as it's grown old and moldy and it does have some bugs. I will see if I can get this out to you in the next day or so.

It will have much better error handling built into to kind of help in these types of situations where Bad password is just not a descriptive enough error. Stay tuned.
- Jay
DjDrakk

Post by DjDrakk »

Oops, i gotta stop staying up till 2 in the morning working on this stuff, I meant windows 98, but i was helping a friend with some 95 problems. :oops: although it will be nice to actualy know what's killing the script :wink:
DjDrakk

Post by DjDrakk »

Okay, i changed

phpinclude("config.php")

to

phpinclude($includes_path."config.php")

And I'm no longer getting the bad password error, but it took all the formatting out of catcher.php again and there's still just blank variables in includes.php because it hasn't output anything there since last night.
DjDrakk

Post by DjDrakk »

Okay, i fixed it. There were some things I changed in the catcher.php script as follows.

I changed all the // coments to /* coments just in case it realligned the code for some reason.

Code: Select all

<?phpinclude($includes_path."config.php");
to

<?php include("config.php");
and in config.php i changed

<?php$mode='flat_file';
to

<?php $mode='flat_file';

I hope that helps 8) it worked for me. Also, if i get bored again, I may write you a script to output to SQL as well :wink: