Crashing!

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
DjDrakk

Crashing!

Post by DjDrakk »

Well, now that it's finaly working properly, I've decided not to use RTB anymore until you come out with a version that doesn't spontaniously crash. If I'm doing ANYTHING on the computer that requires more than 50% processor power, it will crash when it updates the script, taking the whole computer with it and messing up my MySQL database as well. I've had to reset my forums TWICE in the last 24 hours because RTB can't run for more than 10 hours without plugging up the system or taking it down completley.

I'd suggest you put a little more stress testing on your products before you release them as a utility which is meant to run 24/7 to monitor a broadcast.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

one can never win can they?

Could you please give me more details then it's crashing?

what sort of system is this running on?

Any errors?

I have had it running on Windows 2000 and windows XP without any probelms for months. Corruption of your mysql database would not be the fault of Radio Toolbox as it does not communicate with mysql at all? Nor does the script deployed with Radio Toolbox so I cannot see how this relates. Also something is wrong with the way the script is being installed or handled because as you have stated, line breaks are being removed, this is not something Radio Toolbox does.

The script should look like a well formed php script, not all meshed together without line breaks

If you open the script and see

Code: Select all

<?phpinclude... 
then something is removing line breaks
it should be

Code: Select all

<?php

include(....
I have been trying to investigate your problems but so far none of them have anything to do with Radio Toolbox. Beta 4 has been out since november running on 144 machines and none of them have experienced any stability issues, if they have then they have not said anything to me about it. I run my own software and do the best I can, but you cannot surely expect a free product that is beta to be perfect the first go around, I am working on 1.0 now to try to weed out these issues now. But I need more details about the system you run this on and the server's you poll. If you have given up on radio toolbox I thank you for trying it out.

Thank you
- Jay
DjDrakk

Post by DjDrakk »

Well, basically I'm running Windows 98 SE. I only had problems with RTB crashing while I was doing something, such as surfing the web or playing a game.

I was running the following services on my computer
-Norton AV
-Shoutcast Server
-No-IP DUC
-Winamp
-Scramp (thanks for that btw)
-trillian pro
-Apache (php enabled)
-MySQL DB (mysqld)

Now I've downloaded RAM Idle Pro and that has (so far) kept it from crashing, although I've found a substitute PHP script that parses ShoutCasts XML into PHP variables, although still having trouble integrating the stats into the header of my forums (phpbb.... stupid template files)