Copyright info missing

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
mrboxers

Copyright info missing

Post by mrboxers »

RTB is shutting down immediately after opening, some error about the copyright info missing. Problem is I didn't remove anything, only added my information.

What do I need to do?
DJ Boxerz
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

go to your Radio toolbox installation directory and look for a file called RTB.ini.

Delete the entire line that has
PHPurl=

on it, and start radiotoolbox. It should now not shutdown immediately.
- Jay
mrboxers

Post by mrboxers »

Ok I removed that and its now stop closing but it still isnt working with the scripts i put in the rtb folder on my directory.

What do I need to do to get it to display what song and artist and all that I'm playing?
DJ Boxerz
Jay

Post by Jay »

make sure that when you go to the script url in your browser there are no php errors. Post the errors and I'll see if I can talk you through fixing them.
- Jay
mrboxers

Post by mrboxers »

here is the catcher.php file:

[redundent code removed]
DJ Boxerz
Jay

Post by Jay »

no go to the Script URL in your browser.
- Jay
mrboxers

Post by mrboxers »

They won't even show up. For some reason my server isn't reading them. Says page is not available.
DJ Boxerz
Jay

Post by Jay »

something is wrong with the way your server is setup. If nothing is showing up? Then php may no be installed properly on your server or your server has been misconfigured. Contact the admin of your webserver and have them fix php first.
- Jay
mrboxers

Post by mrboxers »

I downloaded the setup and then unzipped the files. Followed the directions in the readme and uploaded the php files to a subdirectory of /rtb. The only file I altered was the one I was told to and for some reason it didnt work.

I'm clueless and I doubt it will work until I get it on a paying server or I figure out how to set up my own.

If you can offer any more advice, I'd appreciate it otherwise I may have to do without for now I guess.
DJ Boxerz
Jay

Post by Jay »

well catcher.php must be placed on a webserver, not just your filesystem, I am not quite sure what you have done, but just to clarify.

The webserver you put it on must be PHP enabled. You can do this on your own if you wish without another person running one for you but then all your traffic will be going to your personal connection to the internet and most ISP's do not allow this.

Radio Toolbox will work without the use of a webserver, so I am not sure what you are wanting to do?

If you are on a free service there are free php enabled servers out there you just got to hunt, otherwise use the FTP feature to ftp a templated page to your free host. This will probably be the best option for you until you get PHP.
- Jay