Now Playing Feature

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

sorry, but with anything you have to configure it to do what you want. Nothing can be built to do exactly what you want while serving the interests of others.

If I may ask, what is complicated about it?
- Jay
PCRadio

Post by PCRadio »

1: The FTP. I'm putting the website address into the FTP section, but nothing updates. also, how can there be a port when it's a website? Also, my host uses browser FTP only.

2: I wanted an image like yours which will also tell everyone that we're offline since I don't broadcast 24/7. Do Something was perfect, until they stopped the service. Now, I'm stuck with nothing.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

PCRadio wrote:1: The FTP. I'm putting the website address into the FTP section, but nothing updates. also, how can there be a port when it's a website? Also, my host uses browser FTP only.
ah, yea you need a real FTP server to use this functionality. simply putting in your HTTP Website address is not going to do. Just FYI Websites use Port 80, no important but they do use ports :) FTP generally uses Port 21.
PCRadio wrote: 2: I wanted an image like yours which will also tell everyone that we're offline since I don't broadcast 24/7. Do Something was perfect, until they stopped the service. Now, I'm stuck with nothing.
well the image is powered by radiotoolbox's ScriptService but you need PHP to generate the image.

DoSomething and Radio Toolbox are pretty much identical, Script Service is like "Submit a URL", FTP Service is like "FTP a FILE".

Thanks for the feedback.
- Jay
PCRadio

Post by PCRadio »

f I knew PHP, it sounds like the Script service is exactly what I want. However, I'll just have to do away with what I currently have on the site. To see it, just click on the On Air picture.

http://www21.brinkster.com/patcy3k/PC.html