User Max not reflecting steamcast conf file

Steamcast is a stand alone server that combines the features of SHOUTcast and Icecast2 and more to make one mega awesome server.
Davolbc

User Max not reflecting steamcast conf file

Post by Davolbc »

I must say cheers to you guys as I have grown old using your great service and I thank you very much. I am having a problem where I put in the steamcast.conf SourceUserMax=1000
But when I connect to the server which works fine it shows 0/5
I have triple checked everything and I cannot find anything that could be wrong. Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated as I have been up day and night trying to figure this out. If it helps to look at my server which is embedded in my web page and also should be listed on your server as LBC internet radio please do I wait all responses. My web page if it helps is LBC-radio.com thank you.
Davolbc

Re: User Max not reflecting steamcast conf file

Post by Davolbc »

Sorry it's actually SourceUserMax1=1000 my apologies. I have been using this setting wherever and it reflected on the server just fine. But like I said above now I can't change it from a Max of 5 listeners and I don't know why.
Davolbc

Post by Davolbc »

Using Windows 10 in case anybody wanted to know. But my problem has been resolved I reset service. Up and running fine now.
shoutcastondemand
Stream Host

Post by shoutcastondemand »

Typically, at least with Shoutcast and Icecast, restarting the server is necessary to update the configuration. So it is quite possible this is expected behavior. Happy streaming!