Adding Servers to Radio Tool Box

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
theedgefm

Adding Servers to Radio Tool Box

Post by theedgefm »

:?:

LOG SERVICE TOUCHED: (NO SERVICE)

what does that mean?

when i click add server, it's auto populated with localhost:8000 or something like that. Is that suppose to stay that way?

I get 'song' info from ShoutCast, but that's it. Can anyone offer any direction on this issue?

Also, where do i get the Username and Password it asks for in the File>Options>General tab, and the config.php file? I'm lost here, none of the documentation tells me where to get that id from.

I can ask questions about the php stuff or the template file, til i get this working. So please, help me out if ya can! I would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for any help you can offer
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

As for your first issue, it's covered in the FAQ: http://www.radiotoolbox.com/docs/faq/in ... ?p_id=1#10

When you click Add server you are supposed to type whatever you want in there, localhost:8000 is there as an example, but as it's an edit box you are free to change it to the right location.

The username and password is totally up to you, you just need to make sure that the values for these are the same in your config.php and in the options dialog, if you had the log service then you would want to make sure that they are identical to your account there, but as you don't then just make it up.
- Jay
theedgefm

Still a bit confussed

Post by theedgefm »

I'm sorry man, i'm tryin to do this remotely and it's kinda hard.

So, localhost:8000 needs to be the name of the machine that the software is on? So if that machine is called 'main' then it should be like, main:8000 ? is that right?

USERNAME AND PASSWORD

I can make that up? so long as those in the config.php match those in the options dialog. Right?

Is shoutcast a log service? Because i have id and password for there as well.

Please help man, sorry to be so novicey on this stuff....... TOTALLY appreciate your help.
Thanks for any help you can offer
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Re: Still a bit confussed

Post by Jay »

theedgefm wrote:I'm sorry man, i'm tryin to do this remotely and it's kinda hard.

So, localhost:8000 needs to be the name of the machine that the software is on? So if that machine is called 'main' then it should be like, main:8000 ? is that right?
it just needs to be the address of the server, usually an IP or hostname for the server it's located on such as www.somedomain.com:8000 or 124.44.234.2:8000 as an example
theedgefm wrote: USERNAME AND PASSWORD

I can make that up? so long as those in the config.php match those in the options dialog. Right?
Yes unless you are on the log service at http://log.radiotoolbox.com then you can completely make this up.
theedgefm wrote: Is shoutcast a log service? Because i have id and password for there as well.
No, the log service is something my site offers http://log.radiotoolbox.com/ You must register for this service, if you do not then you simply can just make sure that the username and password match those in the config.php file.
- Jay