STreaming connection

Talk about whatever.
bckwheat

STreaming connection

Post by bckwheat »

Does someone on the board have a solution to remote streaming?

I have shoutcast server (works fine). It is 40 miles from where the source of broadcast originates. The source of the of broadcast has a telephone but no WAN/LAN access.

What I would like to do if possible is setup the DSP machine next to the Shoutcast machine and find a way to call into it. I am a one person operation and so being at both sites is impossible.

Any ideas? Solutions?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

sure just setup the source on the remote machine. If you are a windows user then Remote desktop connection would be all you'd need to call into it. If you are using *nix then use SSH.
- Jay
bckwheat

remote desktop

Post by bckwheat »

I assume you mean take the machine to the remote location, dial up using the modem and connect, Yes?

I would prefer not to lug the system to the site everytime (3 times a week).

The best scenario is call on the phone to a "device or software" that interfaces with the DSP/Remote machine and go.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

hmmm guess i don't understand your problem fully, you are wanting to source at the server right? Do you have the option of hooking a source machine up next to the server on a LAN where the server is located? If so just do that and then with another machine where you are just dial up to the internet and use the aforementioned tools to connect in and manage your source, unless you are wanting to do live stuff like talk and stuff this should work.
- Jay
bckwheat

remote location

Post by bckwheat »

That's the problem. there is no computer at the remote location. I would like not to have to transport a computer to the site set it up dial into the server,et.