Shared internet+shoutcast broadcast

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
youri1311

Shared internet+shoutcast broadcast

Post by youri1311 »

Hellow people,

I have downstairs a pc were internet is comming in, the a HUB whit a cable to the computer to my room.
Only on the pc were internetin come's can i use shoutcast.

How can i do shoutcast on my pc upstairs??

I want to broadcast!
webranger

Shoutcast through a hub.

Post by webranger »

Just like any server, you'll have to set your router to forward those requests to the appropriate computer. A router uses DHCP to assign IP's to your computers on your LAN. Your ISP uses (probably) the same protocol as that to assign your IP address on the web.

Your router will have an IP. 255.254.253.251 (i.e) and each computer connected to the router will have a Class C IP (not used on the web). Usually 192.168.0.01 for the 1st computer 192.168.0.2 for the second ...... ad nauseaum. You will have to adjust the router to forward requests from your web IP to the IP of the computer that has your shoutcast server.

Assuming port 8000 is your shoutcast server, and 192.168.0.1 is the address assigned by the router for the server machine, you have to tell the router to forward port 8000 requests to 192.168.0.1 (the local IP of the server computer on your LAN).

This is the same for any web server, just the port numbers will be different.....web page servers use port 80 ..... Look at your router documentation for more information.

Kevin
[size=0]New! City of Roses Radio - Rock, Blues, Jazz More[/size]