Directory Listing ??? grrr

Talk about whatever.
livephishradio

Directory Listing ??? grrr

Post by livephishradio »

I have been listed on http://www.radiotoolbox.com/dir for a little under a year and have been ranked at #10 recently

I JUST noticed that my site is now MISSING. What happened?

The name was "Streams Of The Blind"

Jay? Why did you remove it? Was I linking a banner to this site for a JOKE?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

hmm I don't recall seeing such a listing with "Streams Of The Blind". The only reason we would remove a link would be due to the fact that we could not find a link back to us. Perhaps it was on a page too deeply hidden. We have also gotten reports from people saying they were doing work on their website. Unless it's obvious that work is being done then we will remove the site even given this fact.

Also just a note for all users. The directory service and many of the other radiotoolbox.com services are hobby services. We do this in our spare time and so updates and checks are sporadic so we usually come down hard on sites we just can't find links for.
- Jay
livephishradio

Post by livephishradio »

typo... it was STREAMS FOR THE BLIND.

granted, I emailed you months ago asking to rename the stream title.. but you never replied and never renamed.

I had a link back and it was right on the home page.

it is STILL there:

www.ambientzone.net

never have moved it from where it is.

I was ranked 10th. I didnt get there by HIDING my link.

are you going to do anything about this? Or did I waste my time?
Jay

Post by Jay »

I do not reply by email for various reasons. Unless it is business related. Support or problems with the site should go here because what helped you will help others. Also PM'ing me through the forums on changes to your listing will work fine. However I strongly advise against email as it will just be lost as support via email is a low priority at this moment. I do not see a listing for this site, so it has been deleted. I have checked your site and your link is there so you are free to add your site back if you wish.
- Jay
livephishradio

Post by livephishradio »

glad to know that after having almost a year of front page links to your site, you delete me and I have to start at the very bottom. You have no idea why I was deleted? This just HAPPENS? Like magic?

and ACTUALLY I emailed you and PM'ed you. both HERE and on SHOUTcast forums, after weeks with no reply.

I felt it silly to POST something of that nature bcause I didnt see any learning experience anyone would get by me telling you I renamed my stream. the only thing they'd learn was that I renamed my stream.
Jay

Post by Jay »

well there are 2 editors to the directory service given my time is limited but I assure you the only reason for deletion would be because we could not find links to our site at yours. If this was a mistake then we apologize, there unfortunately is no way to restore the listing to its pre-deletion state.
- Jay
livephishradio

Post by livephishradio »

listen. while I appreciate what you do... I understand that you are just one guy and all. But I am just one guy too. I link you on the front page of my site to help you and in turn help ME.

you removing me certainly makes it suddenly one sided, don't you think? I have never TOUCHED my link to your site.

Thanks for hearing me out, I guess.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Yes, I will consider looking into a grace period deletion giving the you guys one week to resolve problems or get in contact with us after seeing your listing gone before being completely removed. This will help save stats that you have worked hard to earn.
- Jay
livephishradio

Post by livephishradio »

thanks for the consideration for future broadcasters. also thanks for recognising that getting high in the stats doesnt happen overnight (although LOSING them apparently happens like that)

Have a great week. I'm bummed, but I'll get over it
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

I have Radiotoobox.com's banner in rotation at the bottom of our main site & also I have their audio ad in rotaion on our station. Although this isn't enough to get listed here. On the other hand, I like the system set up here on how you get listed. I am just glad that this site is here for us if needed.
(¯`·._.·¤ GT McCulloch ¤·._.·´¯)
Jay

Post by Jay »

yea, the problem with banner rotation is that the ratio can be set extremely low causing us to possibly miss your link to us. I can't ask of our voluteer editors to nor will I refresh the page over and over until we see it.
- Jay
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Thats very understandable. I do not mind this at all. Although, do you have any more audio ads besides the one by Sean?
Jay

Post by Jay »

no, but I could whip some up over the next few days if you are interested.
- Jay
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

I have just the one Ad in rotation for RadioToolBox on our station. I have like 5 for AudioRealm and 5 for Shoutcast. Matter of fact. I need to make some up for myself. I have no promos for our own station. Shame on me.
madmick

Post by madmick »

We have detected the following attributes:

Server: SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/win32 v1.9.4
Name: Classical-Plus
Genre: Classical-Easy Listening-etc
Url: http://classical-plus.com/
Bitrate: 128
If these values are correct please press confirm. If not please use your browser's back button to confirm the IP you have entered.

reply=we could not connect to http://classical-plus.com try later

well I have 6 times in the last few days any ideas??