Best for my buck...

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
MonGooSe

Best for my buck...

Post by MonGooSe »

I am about to launch my internet station back "on air". Which service will give me the bast "bang for my buck"??

I was looking at Live365, and became a bit reluctant after reading some forums and realizing there are alot more out there.

My plan is to do some day parts live, and other times automated. Using the PCDJ software for live broadcast.

<Jay> You may remember me from a few years ago on shoutclub.com I had Radio Free TeXas on and off for a while. I am now in the position to pay for bandwidth, and dedicate more time to my first love: radio.

Thanks for any replies.
Donn
MonGooSe
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

of course I remember :)

hit the list over at http://www.radiotoolbox.com/hosts/

Those with high uptimes come highly recommended. I am not a big fan of Live365. At least with the shoutcast host providers you can get potentially mad amounts of traffic at no extra cost, and you can offset costs with ads.

Check into swcast for low cost royalty options if you plan on serving fewer then 100 listeners at a time.
- Jay
MonGooSe

Post by MonGooSe »

Jay wrote:of course I remember :)
Thanks for the info... and glad to be headed back into radio.
MonGooSe
MonGooSe

Post by MonGooSe »

8) Jay, if I go with radiostreamer.com, I am going to have to have my own storage space, which can be a separate computer correct??
MonGooSe
MonGooSe

Post by MonGooSe »

Hello...????!!! 8) 8) 8)
MonGooSe
goldfishlover23

Post by goldfishlover23 »

the cheapest I have found is entityhosting.com. HOWEVER!!!! :roll:
i have signed up and it's 36 hours later and their server has been down for about 24hrs and they were terrible about contacting me. it's still not ready!!how long does it usually take for a srever to accept someone. i have paid and this is why it pisses me off.....but they advertise $.50/listener at 128kb stream....too good to be true?...guess i'll find out. so i'm paying 10 bucks a month for hosting and streaming 10@128kb or 20@64kb and i guess this rate applies to any amount of listeners. it seems to be about a quarter of the average cost....plus if you pay for a year you get a free domain and a free month......i'll keep you posted as to how it turns out :wink:
MonGooSe

Post by MonGooSe »

goldfishlover23 wrote:...i'll keep you posted as to how it turns out :wink:
Good luck. I went with radiostreamer.com and it was activated yesterday (5/10/2004). I have yet to get it set up yet. Not sure how to do it.
MonGooSe