Shoutcast streaming with .net...

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
DJKidd

Shoutcast streaming with .net...

Post by DJKidd »

I am currently in the process of completing an application completely in the .net Framework for streaming MP3 files directly to a Shoutcast server ala "shout" on UNIX. I'm having a bit of trouble implementing the last major feature -- real-time updating of the song title meta-data.

The app reads the ID3 tag and generate a new song title, then generates the correct URL and using the WebRequest and WebResponse objects the Shoutcast DNAS server keeps giving me this error message:

<06/20/04@14:24:55> [dest: 127.0.0.1] Invalid resource request(/admin.cgi?mode=updinfo&pass=changeme&song=foofoo)

If I copy and paste the URL from my debug output directly into my internet explorer browser it works perfectly, so the problem shouldn't be there? I am properly URL Encoding and everything else I can think of. :cry:

Could anyone shed some light on what coudl be causing this?

--Kidd

BTW: For the geeks out there who can assist, I fully intend to release it free for all others that would be interested in it's functionality!
Check out The Stinger radio - your favorite tunes from the 70s, 80s, 90s and today!
http://www.thestinger.us/
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

you need to pass a User-Agent header that signifies Mozilla somewhere. Otherwise the DNAS is going to assume you are looking for audio content.
- Jay
DJKidd

Post by DJKidd »

Jay wrote:you need to pass a User-Agent header that signifies Mozilla somewhere. Otherwise the DNAS is going to assume you are looking for audio content.
Aweseome! That sounds like what I need. I'll let you know what happens when I get back in there and try again..

--Kidd
Check out The Stinger radio - your favorite tunes from the 70s, 80s, 90s and today!
http://www.thestinger.us/