Anything To Worry About?

Talk about whatever.
madmick

Anything To Worry About?

Post by madmick »

All my listeners recently seem to be from Germany,connecting mins after I start broadcast,all from 3 servers all in germany,some have listened for up to 27 hrs,despite their logs showing numerous reruns.

I took no notice as I thought they must like the music and passed the info on to their friends,until a friend who listens in e-mailed me and said whats wrong with the broadcasts before they were able tune in no problem and listen for hours,now after 2 mins they seemed to get kicked off??.

This german lot are they hogging my bandwidth in a way I do not know.
A reply would put my mind at rest.

www.classical-plus.com
Hottest Hits Right Now
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

What exactly are you thinking is happening?

Unless you can varify that you get kicked off after 2 mins then I would assume that the problem is your friends.
- Jay
madmick

Post by madmick »

I don't really know Jay,I thought as well the fault lies with my friend.
Just as an experiment I banned all the german listeners,and i was reduced to zero listeners,only to find 5 mins later,another 5 pop up out of the blue from the same servers, maybe I am allowing myself the dubious luxury of paranoia,but I have also noticed on some, no user agent,so what are they listening in on?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

user agent is an header sent that can be modified or changed. I would not lend myself to believe that just because a user is using a certain user-agent or lack thereof that I should be concerned. If it seems suspicious to you then just start banning. If it continues to be a problem contact the supplier of the network you are on and have them block the traffic or setup your own firewall. That's really all you can do.
- Jay
madmick

Post by madmick »

Thanks for your replies Jay,at least now my mind is at rest regarding agents.