Shoutcast isnt just for WinAmp anymore.

Talk about whatever.
Nemesis

Shoutcast isnt just for WinAmp anymore.

Post by Nemesis »

Hey guys, i made a site that's a complete duplicate of shoutcast.com, only difference is the following:
1) a few links changed so the forwarding of the script i made will work.
2) the search function does NOT work, however the drop down menus do.
3) instead of clicking on Tune In and opening WinAmp, it opens Windows Media Player.

All it does is change the WinAmp Playlist to a Windows Media Player Playlist so users can listen at work without downloading extra software.

The URL is : *url removed

Note* You need Windows Media Player 9+ for it to work.
Last edited by Nemesis on Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
gdradio

Post by gdradio »

is this kosher?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

no
- Jay
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I left a message on the forum for shoutcast and they have not said anything about it. Has 140+ views. So...
Jay

Post by Jay »

do not add that url again, it is clearly in violation of SHOUTcast.com's TOS. You should not believe that no response is a affirmation of what you are doing.
- Jay
Bongwater

Post by Bongwater »

Is the issue that you can play Shoutcast in WMP or that the Shoutcast site was duplicated?

Just taking off the listen.pls portion of your target URL will allow WMP to play a Shoutcast streams, so I assume that isn't a big deal.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Bongwater wrote:Is the issue that you can play Shoutcast in WMP or that the Shoutcast site was duplicated?

Just taking off the listen.pls portion of your target URL will allow WMP to play a Shoutcast streams, so I assume that isn't a big deal.
Probably the duplicate part, cause thats the only way i found to have the script work effectively. It changes nothing but a few links on my duplicate part but nothing else, the graphics are the same, and winamp/shoutcast are still getting credit for their creation.
webranger

Post by webranger »

It sounds to me like you are cruising for a legal bruising. Shoutcast's terms of use prohibit stealing their database.
[size=0]New! City of Roses Radio - Rock, Blues, Jazz More[/size]
Jay

Post by Jay »

well the good thing is steamcast.com is customizable based on your player preference seeing as we have no concern for media player tools :)

So if you are looking for streams for windows media check out www.steamcast.com
- Jay