authenticated servers

Talk about whatever.
stream staff
Stream Host

authenticated servers

Post by stream staff »

Hi guys and gals

in our ongoing reaserch into media hosting i have a few questions to ask...

If someone could offer authentication based services for streaming would this be useful to any of you shoutcasters out there ??

does anyone allready offer this service?

a simple explanatation of authenticated servers is the listener/viewer would have to pay the streamer/website a subscription for the user and password to listen/see the live feed

the user and pass could be unique per listenr/viewer so no password sharing, only 1 allocated to the stream so if 1 person logs in it logs the other out

so the opportunity to get peeps to pay to join your site and assist towards your licensing/website fees or use it as pay per view the options are endless!

please drop me some feed back peeps
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

steamcast and icecast are theoretically already capable of this.
- Jay
stream staff
Stream Host

Post by stream staff »

Hi all,
Well we have decided to throw our authentication attempt into the mix. We have been working closely with a couple of clients and specifically want to thank those over at tranceairwaves.com who have given their support for more development and who are going through a restructuring at the moment.

If anyone is interesting in testing our authentication service, drop a line to

[email protected]

and we will send you over the details. It is only one server and at the moment is just for Shoutcast streamers. We are looking to add it to other services ( I realise this is not the place to mention other products )

regards,

Nick