Broadcasting through router

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
pengamo

Broadcasting through router

Post by pengamo »

I have four computers connected to a router. I am trying to broadcast from the main computer, I have followed all recommendations about port forwarding, shooting down the firewall, etc. and still can not connect.
Question # 1: When trying to configure port forwarding, what is the name of the service i must type? (I tried shoutcast, winamp, etc. it does not appear on the list of services or applications).

Q # 2: My IP address changes everytime I go online. What IP addres should I enter?

Please, help!!! I am lost.
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

service names are not important, they are generally used for notes so that you know why it is there and can remove it when done.

if you ip changes all the time then use the localhost or 127.0.0.1 address. If you are trying to source from one machine within your LAN to another, use the LAN IP rather then the WAN IP
- Jay
streamfinder

Re: Broadcasting through router

Post by streamfinder »

pengamo wrote:I have four computers connected to a router. I am trying to broadcast from the main computer, I have followed all recommendations about port forwarding, shooting down the firewall, etc. and still can not connect.
Question # 1: When trying to configure port forwarding, what is the name of the service i must type? (I tried shoutcast, winamp, etc. it does not appear on the list of services or applications).

Q # 2: My IP address changes everytime I go online. What IP addres should I enter?

Please, help!!! I am lost.

Q1: It doesn't matter what you name the service... just make sure you open both ports (:8000 and :8001 for example), check TCP and UDP and indicate the NAT'd IP address of your 'main server' behind the router. Then check 'allow' and it should work.

Q2: Get a domain name from a dynamic dns 'heartbeat' provider and they will keep the domain name STATIC for you while your IP address changes.

I have some links here to explain it: http://streamfinder.com/index.php?av=resources

Personally I use NO-IP.com because they have some cool domains you can riff a subdomain off of.

Hope that helped.
---------------------------------------------
ImageStreamfinder, the FREE place to list your streaming audio.