Connection Refused

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
Space-Man05

Connection Refused

Post by Space-Man05 »

I have disabled my firewall, i have opend the neccessary ports and still my ShoutCast server is saying disable your firewall, connection refused. I have been posting on lots of forums but no one has come up with a solution. Can any one help me ?

Thanks
djspinnercee

Post by djspinnercee »

You gave zero details, so I\'ll guess:

When you get \"Connection Refused\" it means that your \"box\" refused the connection -- this probably means that your port forwarding config is correct, but probably pointing to the wrong LAN IP -- If your server uses DHCP, and you have other hosts on your LAN using DHCP this is very likely, and can happen on every reboot of either the PCs or the router. The port forward config of the router is static, so if the target box gets a new LAN IP address the config will never be updated.

\"Connection timed out\" is typical of a router or firewall that is dropping [ignoring] the request.

so, check your router config and mke sure that it \"washes\" with the current LAN IP of your DNAS box.
paulvangelder

Post by paulvangelder »

I have the same problem.

"Reason Given: Connection refused
More about this error: This essentially means that the port is open to the internet but has no services associated with it. There is no firewall protection on this port." says your ip checker.

Well, I checked the router but it was still OK (client pc address and the public ip address differ but that was always the case)
Maybe the public ip address changed but "what's my ip" and the Shoutcast Server Monitor give the new public ip address (same one) :?

Now what?

grtz,

paul
paulvangelder

eureka, found it myself!

Post by paulvangelder »

eyreka, found it myself. it was not in my router config, but in my network LAN connection config. (got there via My Computer).
The client ip address there had been changed by one figure...

grtz,

paul van gelder