Having current DJ posted on website ...

Ask questions, request features, or just complement us about our software and services.
Avrey

Having current DJ posted on website ...

Post by Avrey »

I currently have the information for my Bitstream, Current and 2 previous songs on the website at www.simkast.com. What I am looking for is how the HECK do I add the current DJ. I've been searching for this for a VERY long time and can't find it anywhere LOL

HELP a chick out plz.

~moi
SimKast || Dedicated to The Sims Online
SimKast || tune in ... get connected
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

well you could write a web script to do this. Like in PHP, that's how I would do it.
- Jay
Avrey

Post by Avrey »

Hey Jay :)

Well if I could I wouldn't be here beggin for help from the big boys honey *winks*

I know they are out there, cuz I know of 2 stations who's running it right now. I just need to know how to get my current DJ's listed with the current/past song info on the site.

~moi
Jay

Post by Jay »

well one thing you could do is just edit an html page each time the dj changes?

Not sure if you already have something in place that tracks the current dj or if you want them to logon or what?
- Jay
Avrey

Post by Avrey »

What I have right now is php page with the code to show stats from my shoutcast source

This is all new to me. If you look at the site you will see what I mean. It's at the top in the center.

~moi
Jay

Post by Jay »

yea, as far as I know there are no tools out there for this as usually you have to make a solution it's not something supported by shoutcast or any other server as far as I know.

What is probably being done on sites you have seen is the owners writing in backends that follow a schedule (if their station follows a schedule) and then at the appropriate time switches to display the DJ that is set to run in that slot. That would seem to be the easiest to do.
- Jay
Avrey

Post by Avrey »

Thanks a ton Jay, I appreciate it. Not to be offensive but the code is out there cuz I can list you 4 sites that are using it now. When I find it I'll let ya know and pass it on to ya.

Have a great day!
~moi
Fleet

Post by Fleet »

If I am understanding correctly what you are asking you can infact show the DJ by using the script feature with radio toolbox. Use the catcher.php file as the script and then simply put

Code: Select all

<?php echo $server[0]['desc']; ?>
where you want it to show the DJ. Now all you do is go into winamp and on the DJ plugin click yellow pages and change teh Description to the DJ name and you will be all set. Hopefully this is what you were asking for.