custom pls file

Talk about Audio On Demand or Streaming
dannyglover

custom pls file

Post by dannyglover »

hello,

I have a site that has hi-fi mp3 files in different folders that have been uploaded. I would like to create a pls file that will play all the mp3 files from all these folders , any pointers ? we are using jamroom as our script

So i have the following sample

upload/media/1/1.mp3
upload/media/2/2.mp3
upload/media/3/3.mp3

and so on and so on.....
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

- Jay
dannyglover

Post by dannyglover »

thxs got it working....couple of questions...

1. how do i simplify the pls url ie mydomain . com / listen.pls
2. We have varying bitrate medias is there a way we can tell it to tream all media files as long as the bitrate is more than 64 ?
Jay
Will work for food (Administrator)

Post by Jay »

dannyglover wrote:thxs got it working....couple of questions...

1. how do i simplify the pls url ie mydomain . com / listen.pls
This will require some scripting or redirection to the mp3toolbox pls location which is kind of beyond the scope of what mp3toolbox supports. Read your webserver's documentation on redirection.
dannyglover wrote: 2. We have varying bitrate medias is there a way we can tell it to tream all media files as long as the bitrate is more than 64 ?
Please open and read and understand the mp3toolbox_conf.php file, it explains all of the features available and how they change the behavior of mp3toolbox

Code: Select all

/* Stream Frequency:  This feature was added as a safety check for the radio style portion.
   Most players will find it difficult to bump their frequency during playback so it is
   a good idea to keep the frequency consistant.  Allowable and recommended settings are 
   11025, 22050, 44100 and if you want to be different in daring you can also use 12000,
   24000, 48000 however these frequencies are not supported by all players,
   or you can leave it blank if you just really don't care :)
*/
$stream_freq = "44100";

/* Stream Bitrate:  This feature was added as a safety check for the radio style portion.
   Some players may find it difficult to switch bitrates on the fly, unlike players like Winamp
   or you may desire to keep a consistant bitrate throughout a stream, set this to any
   valid constant bitrate 8, 16, 24, 32, 48, 56, 128, 192 etc etc.  Leave blank if you
   don't care.  NOTE: by setting this filter you override the $base_bitrate variable setting.
*/
$stream_bitrate = "";

/* Stream Mode:  This feature was added as a safety check for the radio style portion.
   Most players will find it difficult to change the channel mode from stereo to mono or
   vice versa during a stream playback.  Set to Stereo to only play stereo files in a stream
   or set to Mono to only play mono files in a stream (heh go figure).  Leave blank if you wish
   not to use this filter, however it is recommended that you do.
*/
$stream_mode = "Stereo";
- Jay